First, let me apologize that it has been MONTHS since my last blog post! I have been much better at keeping up with my Youtube channel and my beauty Instagram, so please follow me there for more up to date posts! 🙂 (Links are to your right!)
But, let’s get started with my FAVORITES for my FAVORITE month of the year! My Youtube video should be going up at the same time as this post, so feel free to check that out too!
There are TWO favorites that I forgot to mention this month, so I am going to mention them here! Again, check out my Monthly Favorites Video for the rest of this month’s faves!
The first is a recipe that I found for a Low Carb Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte! (Tis the season!) Below is the gist, as I have edited it from the original version I found!
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 heaping tablespoons (or more to taste) Pure Pumpkin Puree (NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING)
- Dash (or 5) Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp Low Carb Liquid Truvia Honey Sweetener
- t tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Strongly Brewed Coffee
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Nutmeg For Garnish
Simmer the almond milk, heavy cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, low carb sweetener and vanilla extract in a pan over medium heat. While it is simmering, stir occasionally, and brew a strong cup of coffee. Once both are ready (it doesn’t take long), pour both into a blender and blend for 10 seconds and please, be sure to KEEP THE LID AJAR! Cover with a kitchen towel, but we do NOT want your blender exploding with hot liquids! 🙂 When it is blended, I add a dollop of real whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. This is a delicious way to get your Pumpkin Spice fix without all those carbs! 🙂
Now, back to beauty favorites!! 🙂
The other favorite that I forgot to mention was a Solid Brush Cleaner from the brand Japonesque!
Although it says “Unscented” this cleanser smells wonderful! And it hasn’t been bothersome to my sensitive skin either! I use this in conjunction with my silicone pot holder to clean my brushes, and have really been loving it!
Be sure to check out my video for the rest of my Beauty Favorites from this month! 🙂
This year’s Halloween Costumes (yes there were two), were so much fun to put together! One of which, is probably my all time favorite Halloween Costume that I’ve ever done!
Harley Quinn & The Joker ♥
– This is my FAVORITE! My boyfriend and I went as Harley Quinn and The Joker from this year’s Suicide Squad! The baseball bat was probably my favorite part of this costume, besides the awesome jacket and wig! The baseball bat we painted and made from a regular wooden bat, and was the perfect final touch that brought my costume together! Along with some awesome makeup!
Sugar Skull – Day of the Dead ♥
– This year we were invited to quite a few Halloween Parties, one of which was Day of the Dead themed, and as such, we went all out and did some awesome Sugar Skull makeup! It’s handy having a boyfriend who is trained in theater makeup 🙂
So that is it! Some of this month’s favorites, as well as a brief description and some pics of this year’s Halloween Costumes! Hope you guys enjoyed, and don’t forget to check out my video for the rest of this month’s faves! ♥